Gemstone Biotherapeutics is seeking a lead engineer to manage development of the hair regrowth application of our extracellular matrix replacement scaffold product. This position will report to Gemstone Bio’s Chief Operating Officer.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to are eager to contribute to the growth of our early-stage startup company. Successful candidates will be self-starters, highly collaborative and well-organized team players. Bring your vision to our work!
- Lead the engineering effort to build a product for regrowth of extracted hair follicles using Gemstone’s extracellular matrix replacement material.
- Manage business development efforts and investor relations for the hair regeneration portfolio in collaboration with the COO.
- Contribute to other engineering development efforts in the Gemstone portfolio, as needed.
- Work with Gemstone’s management team, board of directors, and science advisory team to grow our company, create strategic plans, and identify new business opportunities.
- Maintain flexibility and be willing to take on unexpected responsibilities – we are a startup, so our employees are always learning new things to meet the needs that arise.
- MS/Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, materials science, or related discipline.
- Engineering design and modeling experience, and familiarity with relevant software tools.
- Experience leading teams or product development efforts.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multidisciplinary experience in engineering/chemistry/biology.
- Business development experience.
Interested? Please send your resume to us at email@example.com. Members of underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.